> On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, Brian Somers wrote:
>
> > > Is ppp.linkdown executed before or after the link is down?
> > >
> > > I'd like to change a dyndns, but will link activity done in linkdown defeat
> > > the timeout, or start a new call?
> >
> > It'll start a new call in auto mode.
> >
> So any ideas how to use dyndns?

By implementing the time-remaining option in ppp I guess....  If the
peer was also capable of this, you could (say) wait 'till the link
had 10 seconds left and then reduce your filter timeouts and nuke
your dns entry.  A bit grotty though.

--
Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>