On Tue, Sep 26, 2000, Bruce Evans wrote:

> > Well, if you have any suggestions, I'm all for it. :-)
>
> I don't understand the problem.  You get the filesystem type name
> (fstypename) from fs_vfstype in struct fstab or from f_fstypename in
> struct statfs.  You attempt to execute strcat("/sbin/fsck_", fstypename)
> to see if fsck is supported on filesystems of type fstypename.

You don't try to auto-detect and fsck a mounted FS. If its mounted and you
are doing it during bootup, it'll generally be in fstab which the current
wrapper code looks in.

So, the question is: how do you take the raw disk device and figure out which
FS type it is, and then which fsck program to run?

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd                    "The main reason Santa is so jolly is
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>               because he knows where all the bad girls