On Tue, Sep 26, 2000, Bruce Evans wrote:

> > Well, if you have any suggestions, I'm all for it. :-)
> I don't understand the problem.  You get the filesystem type name
> (fstypename) from fs_vfstype in struct fstab or from f_fstypename in
> struct statfs.  You attempt to execute strcat("/sbin/fsck_", fstypename)
> to see if fsck is supported on filesystems of type fstypename.

You don't try to auto-detect and fsck a mounted FS. If its mounted and you
are doing it during bootup, it'll generally be in fstab which the current
wrapper code looks in.

So, the question is: how do you take the raw disk device and figure out which
FS type it is, and then which fsck program to run?

Adrian Chadd                    "The main reason Santa is so jolly is
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>               because he knows where all the bad girls
                                    live." -- Random IRC quote