jkh> Done and fixed, thanks!
Wow, thank you ^_^
But.. maybe my PR is not clearly described, it does not fix current
situation; very sorry for my poor presentations.
Here is a current directory structure (just extracted tarballs) of
5-current as of Sep/29/2000.
% cd ~ftp/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/livetree/5-LATEST/
COPYRIGHT cdrom.inf kernel.GENERIC root tmp
bin dev mnt sbin usr
boot etc proc sys var
% ls boot/kernel/kernel*
zsh: no matches found: boot/kernel/kernel*
We can easily found that:
* Generic kernel is /kernel.GENERIC.
(and sysinstall copies /kernel.GENERIC to /kernel when installed)
* There is no /boot/kernel/kernel. We cannot boot without kernel:)
So, it should be:
* Generic kernel go to /boot/kernel directory (I have no idea of about
* After installation, /boot/kernel/kernel exists.
To do that, we can:
* modify src/release/Makefile to put generic kernel under /boot/kernel.
* modify src/release/install.c to copy generic kernel to /boot/kernel/kernel.
* modify src/release/Makefile to put generic kernel to /boot/kernel/kernel.
* modify src/release/install.c, not to do copying generic kernel.
(this is done by rev. 1.283)
Sorry if I'm wrong,
Makoto `MAR' MATSUSHITA
To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message