On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 10:32:11PM +0200, Gerhard Sittig wrote:
> Backing out an rm'ed file should be as difficult as doing the sequence
> I just tested to make sure:
>
>   F=toberemoved.txt

Coming up with the "F" list can be more than just ``ls -R
/home/ncvs/src/contrib/global'' as older versions of global might have
had files that weren't part of the the last version.  Thus I'd have had
to keep the commit message (or go find it in the archive, which would be
some effort), to get the real list of files to revive.

>   F=toberemoved.txt  # the name is misleading now :)
>   cvs log $F
>   REV=1.2  # the one before removal
>   cvs up -p -r$REV $F > $F
>   cvs add $F
>   cvs ci -m "revived file $F"
>   # and everything could be like before ...

As you've just shown, this can be a real PITA.

> But I feel that David wants to know this, too.

Huh?  Do what??  I fully understand how to remove, add, and revive files
in the repo.

--
-- David  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])