----- David O'Brien's Original Message -----
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 04:14:08PM +0800, Donny Lee wrote:
> >  with the mfs enable, it hangs there right after FILESYSTEM
> >  checking, and with random_load set to YES, it hangs at ldconfig.
>
> mount_mfs is blocking on "rndblk".  Our /dev/*random is fubar'ed *again*.

   I saw this the other day...

   I've been examining the mfs code, and I'm not really sure why
it needs to use random values...

   Anyone know the history on the '#ifdef FSIRAND' code?

-john

ps: break out of the boot sequence, 'ls -al /etc/ > /dev/random'
    and then 'exit' will get around this and other problems, but
    requires hands on reboots.