For the last couple of days I've been trying to build python 2 from
the ports tree without success.  I updated my sources a couple of time
and rebuilt the kernel and world with no effect.

The problem seems to have appeared in the last couple of days and
seems to happen while loading - Is anyone else seeing
this, or have any suggestion what I might be doing wrong?

Further playing around get it working with WITHOUT_THREADS defined, so
the problem seems to point at the threaded libc - which I've rebuilt
several time in the last couple of days.

Here's what gdb shows me:

juneau# gdb python
GNU gdb 4.18
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/ports/lang/python/work/Python-2.0/python

0x28383ec6 in pthread_mutex_lock () from /usr/lib/
(gdb) bt
#0  0x28383ec6 in pthread_mutex_lock () from /usr/lib/
#1  0x80bb5b0 in __register_frame_info ()
#2  0x2834713a in _init () from /usr/lib/
#3  0x28343fe5 in _init () from /usr/lib/
#4  0x2815086c in _rtld () from /usr/libexec/
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y

The system is a dual PIII-600 w/512M RAM if that helps...

Dave Cornejo @ Dogwood Media, Fremont, California
  "There aren't any monkeys chasing us..." - Xochi