Mike Smith writes:
 > > This is not so bad but 5-30 minutes after this command system will
 > > always panic.
 > > cd /uu ; dump 0buf 126 - /w | restore xbf 126 -
 > >
 > > mode = 0100644, inum = 720391, fs = /uu
 > > panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
 > This looks like memory or PCI data corruption.  You don't say how you're
 > generating this load, or what the motherboard is, but I suspect that you
 > may have hardware issues here.
/w fs contains cvsupped FreeBSD source, objs and ports alltogether 1G
of data.  Load test is this simple "cd /uu ; dump 0buf 126 - /w |
restore xbf 126 -" between two partitions.

First motherboard we tried was Intel PPro 200Mhz (FX440 based I
think/Natoma?).  Second one is newer 633MHz Celeron system but I don't
know manufacturer.

 > One question - I assume you're not seeing any read error diagnostics from
 > the Mylex driver (other than the disk errors?)
Sometimes we have got more those scsi errors before fs panic.

Wilko Bulte writes:
 > PCI bus clock is at the nominal speed? Can be a source of interesting
 > effects.
Both motherboards are used with standard settings and older Intel PPro
system don't support overclocking or other kludge stuff.

SUN Microsystems Oy PL 112, Lars Sonckin kaari 12, 02601 ESPOO, Finland
Tomi Vainio (System Support Engineer)     +358 9 52556300 hotline
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                +358 9 52556252 fax