On 15-Dec-00 John Baldwin wrote:

> On 14-Dec-00 Mike Smith wrote:
>>> With the recent slaughter^Wrework of the PCI code, my hack to allocate
>>> resources for unattached PCI devices in pci_probe_nomatch() no longer
>>> works.
>>> The updated patch can be found at
>>> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/cardbus.hack.patch.
>>
>> I have a set of working patches at
>>
>>   http://ziplok.dyndns.org/msmith/pci.diff
>>
>> which handle resource reservation, making your hack unnecessary.  They're
>> not ready for commit yet, but they're known to work (assuming you get
>> this message 8).
>
> Cool, my hack is all b0rked anyways, so I'll try this out.

No go. :(  With this, my soundcard no longer probes properly:

pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro-2E> port 0x1400-0x14ff irq 5 at device 8.0 on"pci0
pcm0: unable to map register space
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

Also, the cardbus controller seems to not be getting interrupts, as it doesn't
notice when a card is inserted and removed anymore.  pccard seems to work,
except that the beeping is gone (this may be due to pcm0 being hosed though).

--

John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/