On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 06:12:32PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Jason Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [001228 11:48] wrote:
> > A while back I was porting an sshd implementation that was developed on
> > NetBSD to FreeBSD, and discovered that some definitions are missing in our
> > termios.h.  I looked at the SUSv2 standard, and it appears to me that this
> > is a bug in FreeBSD.  Can someone who is more knowledgeable in this area
> > please take a look at the following patch and tell me if it is correct?
> My concern is that just adding these defines doesn't actually implement
> anything in the drivers/libraries. :)

Yes, Garrett told me the same thing.  I thought there was a reason I didn't
just commit the patch back when I noticed the problem... =)

> Have you taken a look at linux/glibc to see what these flags are
> actually supposed to do?

No, but I read SUSv2 to see what the flags are supposed to do.  The
comments in the patch reflect what I read there:

> > +#define OCRNL              0x00000010      /* map CR to NL on output */
> > +#define ONOCR              0x00000020      /* no CR output at column 0 */
> > +#define ONLRET             0x00000040      /* NL performs CR function */

Anway, it seems that the answer is that the patch isn't acceptable by
itself, so I'll try to look at it in more detail, unless someone beats me
to it.