On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> I have a patch here that removes await/asleep from the kernel API.
> http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/noasleep.diff
> Matt Dillon implemented alseep/await quite some time ago and the
> only thing that's using it is ata.  In order to clean up some of
> the schduler and vm system I'm removing support for it.

        Hmm, I've found this API usable for synchronization between two
kernel threads/processes:

        where 'anotherprocess' do some job and call wakeup(&somewhere).

        I suspect that this can be emulated with mutexes and/or
conditional variables. So, it is possible to keep the API, but change its
implementation to allow mentioned cleanup of scheduler ?

P.S. it is already too hard to maintain external kernel modules even
within various releng_4s, not to mention -current and releng_3...
Boris Popov