I've been using devfs for a long time without problems. I had
device vn in my kernel conf since the pre-devfs days, and today I needed
to use a vn device to build picobsd. Lo and behold, I don't have any vn
devices of any sort in /dev. I tried 'vnconfig -c /dev/vn0' but it also
complained that the device didn't exist.

        I know that the goal is for vn to be phased out (at least that's
my impression) but what do we do in the meantime?

Doug
--
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory . . . lasts forever."
        -- Keanu Reeves as Shane Falco in "The Replacements"