In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:

> At Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:21:15 +0900,
> I wrote:
>> I found that setlocale() always fails on -current.
>> Any ideas?
>
> I found the culprit.  Here is a patch which fixes the problem.

        Yes this patch permits 'setlocale(LC_ALL, "")' to return
success, but it is not solve the problem totally. It seems to me
that all comparisons of the return value from '__part_load_locale'
in the 'lmessages.c', 'lnumeric.c' and 'lmonetary.c' are reversed now
and your patch correct only one of them (but this one prevents
setlocale to work for all locales but "C" and "POSIX").

        N.Dudorov