On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 05:03:14PM -0800, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
[...]
A few days later...
[...]
On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 16:10:13PM -0800, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>   Modified files:
[...]

What the heck is going on here?  You committed code to -STABLE first then
merged it to -CURRENT?  I don't mind that you are testing bugfixes, but
PLEASE do them in -CURRENT first!  After all this is on our list of rules:

<excerpt from http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/committers-guide/article.html>:

8. The FreeBSD Committers' Big List of Rules
[...]
   6. Changes go to -CURRENT before -STABLE unless specifically permitted by the
      release engineer or unless they're not applicable to -CURRENT. Any non-trivial
      or non-urgent change which is applicable should also be allowed to sit in
      -CURRENT for at least 3 days before merging so that it can be given sufficient
      testing. The release engineer has the same authority over the -STABLE branch as
      outlined for the maintainer in rule #5.
[...]

Are we now breaking these rules?  I've never broken this rule, and seldom has it
been done in the past.

--
wca