> Hi,
>
> After 100erts of mergemaster sessions, I'm looking for a way to improve
> mergemaster.
>
> 1st thing, mergemaster displays per default all in changed files. That's
> ok for the first time, but if you maintain many hosts, this is annoying a
> lot.
>
> There should be an options to display all changed files anyway, so you
> can watch what has changed. (but off by default)
>
> So I have ideas to improve merge-master:
>
> 1. Add md5 checksum to the the file-header:
[.....]
> 2. Have a special database with md5 checksums
[.....]

3.  Have a cvs-aware option.

If the installed and new version numbers differ, mergemaster does a
cvs diff -u -rINSTALLEDVERSION newversion | patch INSTALLEDFILE.  If
this works, everyone's happy.  If not, it forces you to modify the
new file 'till there are no <<<<< >>>>> bits in it.

Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>