On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 05:37:54PM +0400, Andrey A. Chernov wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 16:33:18 +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > FreeBSD-specific -mdoc configuration file is called mdoc.local.  This
> > version also provides a simple way to localize -mdoc.  For now, only
> > KOI8-R support is implemented.  See gnu/usr.bin/groff/tmac/koi8-r for
> > details.
> Is this message means that import is finished? :-)

> ISO-8859-1 support was implemented too, at least in old version.
Why do you think it is gone?  I have asked for a repo-copy of all
relevant files:

> BTW, where Russian hyphentation now gone?
It was repo-copied to gnu/usr.bin/groff/tmac/hyphen.us-ru.

In short:

1.  All FreeBSD-specific contrib/ files were moved to gnu/ with repo-copy.
2.  All FreeBSD modifications have either been incorporated by the vendor,
    or merged with the new release.  Nothing got lost!

Note: the KOI8-R locale support for -mdoc (gnu/usr.bin/groff/tmac/koi8-r)
is still loaded and actived on -Tkoi8-r option to troff(1), but due to the
difference in implementation (the current implementation simply redefines
some -mdoc string variables), if you run ``nroff -mdoc'' for English manpage,
and your LANG environment variable is set to ru_RU.KOI8-R, you will get the
corrupted output.

Setting -mdoc locale based on the type of the output device is bogus.
I am about to introduce another way to set the -mdoc locale in the near
future.  For now, make sure you pass the correct groff(1) device to
nroff(1) script, similar to how this is done in man(1).

Ruslan Ermilov          Oracle Developer/DBA,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Sunbay Software AG,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          FreeBSD committer,
+380.652.512.251        Simferopol, Ukraine

http://www.FreeBSD.org  The Power To Serve
http://www.oracle.com   Enabling The Information Age