In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> John Baldwin writes:
:
: On 25-Apr-01 Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Dima Dorfman
: > writes:
: >: Riccardo Torrini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: >: >   pca1: <AT-style speaker sound> at port 0x61 on isa0
: >: >   WARNING: Driver mistake: repeat make_dev("pcaudio")
: >: >   WARNING: Driver mistake: repeat make_dev("pcaudioctl")
: >:
: >: As it says, this is a driver mistake.  It's a bug.  I don't know if
: >: it's new or not since I don't have any computers with a sound card
: >: (and thus have no need for pcaudio*).
: >:
: >: >   unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources
: >: >   unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
: >: >   unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources
: >:
: >: This is not a bug.  This is an FAQ.  So much that it's actually
: >: documented in (*gasp!*) the FAQ:
: >
: > Actually, it is a bug.  The drivers in the tree should grok these pnp
: > ids.  Also, the bios pnp devices should be probed first rather than
: > last because those are hard wired pnp devices, as opposed to the ISA
: > PNP devices, which have the potential to be moved and can be
: > disabled.
:
: Well, yes, but that breaks console probing atm since we only support
: hints-based devices for the kernel console.  You'll want to fix that first.

Right.  Last time I tried to push changes like this through, there
were some other minor obejctions that I can't recall at the moment as
well.  I think it was on the par of this one.

Warner