On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 12:15:34PM -0700, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Any -current kernel built over the weekend is a likely victim of this bug.
> In a nutshell, it will eat your root filesystem at the very least, leaving
> you with maybe one or two files in /lost+found.  spec_vnops.c rev 1.156
> is should be avoided at all costs.
>
> BEWARE: there are some snapshots on current.freebsd.org with this bug. They
> will self destruct after install.
>
> ------- Forwarded Messages
*snip*

Say, FreeBSD is usually pretty safe, even in CURRENT.
Has something near this magnitude of Really Bad Stuffage snuck into the
codebase before?

(This is just for my personal knowledge. I don't remeber anything this
bad in recent times.)

gh