A couple of days ago, I installed current on a Dell that had been an
NT server.  Everything works fine except is seems very slow.  A make
world on current takes over 5 hours.  A little more than my old K6-2
300 laptop.

This is the first SMP kernel I have used but I have disabled it with no
noticable difference in speed.

I'm sure that I am missing something very basic.  I have attached my dmesg
and would appreciate any suggestions as to a starting point to speed it up.

Thanks,

ed

       The illiterate of the 21st century will not be
             those who cannot read and write,
       but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.
                                                --Alvin Toffler

dmesg.lis0