Dear all...

First of all, really sorry for cross-posting...

I am running a -CURRENT system (Apr 30th 2001). There is a user in my
machine running this small program to DoS my xl0 interface. I doubt that
this program is specifically designed for xl cards though.

Once the program is started, it starts forking childs I assume. Then after
sometime, this messages start popping to my screen:

xl0: no memory for rx lists -- packet dropped

After going to single user mode, cause I can't kill the offending program
once it is running in multiuser mode (even kill -9 won't work on my system),
then coming back to multiuser mode, I tried to run it and trace what it does
with truss. But, truss didn't seem to output anything at all. Then, I saw
the program state in top and it said the program is in mbuf state.

I have searched all mailing lists archieves in but wierdly, there
are no articles shown when I enter this as a query: "no memory for rx list"

Can anyone help me trace what the program does? And how can I prevent the
program to DoS my network interface? Even when the program is started by
unprivileged user, it works, it DoS my network interface. Is this a bug?

I have attached the offending program with this mail. Please don't run it on
production system! You have been warned!

Thank you very much...

Live Free OR Die