>Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:56:39 +0300
>From: Ruslan Ermilov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>src/sbin/vinum is broken at the moment.
>It doesn't build without -DVINUMDEBUG.

>A quick workaround:

[Workaround -- adding "CFLAGS+=         -DVINUMDEBUG" to
src/sbin/vinum/Makefile -- elided]

OK; I verified that I experienced this, as well.  After applying the
workaround, I continued with "make everything && make kernel
KERNCONF=LAPTOP_30W && make installworld && mergemaster".

The "make installworld" dies, however:

cd /usr/src/include/../sys;  install -C -C -o root -g wheel -m 444 dev/usb/*.h
/usr/include/dev/usb
cd /usr/src/include/../sys;  install -C -C -o root -g wheel -m 444 dev/wi/*.h
/usr/include/dev/wi
cd /usr/src/include/../sys;  install -C -C -o root -g wheel -m 444 fs/fdesc/*.h
/usr/include/fs/fdesc
install: fs/fdesc/*.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/include.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

I suspect that the reference to fs/fdesc/*.h should read "fs/fdescfs/*.h",
per the earlier "HEADS UP" note.

This system is:
FreeBSD dhcp-133.catwhisker.org 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #7: Tue May 22
19:29:45 PDT 2001
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/common/C/obj/usr/src/sys/LAPTOP_30W  i386

However, not only was I able to get this far in multi-user mode, but I
was able to do it while doing the "make buildworld" & friends in an X
environment.

Cheers,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to