Quoting Michael Harnois <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Wed, 23 May 2001 22:10:09 -0300 (ADT), The Hermit Hacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> said:
>
>     > Oops ... neat, now it just locked up solid and ctl-alt-esc
>     > doesn't even get me to debugger :(
>
> This has been my experience for about a week on the -current kernel
> ... I held out high hopes that these changes by John and Alfred over
> the past 24 hours or so would fix it, but no go ...

Actually, I cvsuped after John's changes yesterday and built a new kernel on my
memory poor k-6 300 that had been sideline for 3 or 4 days and I have been using
it for 12 hours with no lockups, although I am still holding my breath:-)  I
haven't been able to make a world after two tries in these 12 hours, but maybe
it's better:-).

Thanks to John, Alfred and everyone who contributed to the patch,

ed