Ben Smithurst said:
> Steven G. Kargl wrote:
>
> > last message repeated 3 times
> > diskcheckd[213]: error reading 512 bytes from sector 0 on /dev/cd0
>
> I was gonna commit a fix for this, but after reporting the problem DES
> never tested the patch I supplied. :-(
>
> I'll commit it later hopefully; se@ did test it and it worked for him...

Ah, okay.  I checked GNATS and freebsd-current mailing list archive,
but I could not locate any relevant PR's or posts.

> > As a side question, why is diskcheckd even looking at at /dev/cd0?
>
> Because my only current system when I was writing diskcheckd didn't have
> a CD drive so I didn't think to tell it not to check them.  Sorry...
>
> I'll commit a patch soon that allows you to specify drives to exclude,
> and the default config file will exclude cd*, acd*, and md*.

Do you need to special case tape drives, floppies, zip, etc?  If so,
you might want to exclude all devices except those that start with
da and ad.

--
Steve
http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~kargl/