It turns that ld(1) in -current has another nasty bug. I noticed it when
was doing an upgrade for the games/bomberinstinct port. Something is wrong
with registering dependencies on shared libraries - following trace shows
the problem (notice bogus crtn.o entry):

cc -pipe -O -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=k6 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/l
ocal/include/SDL11 -D_REENTRANT -DDIR=\"/usr/local/share/BomberInstinct\" -L/usr
/local/lib -o bi main.o sprites.o niveaux.o pouvoirs.o evenements.o options.o so
n.o intro.o SFont.o gamelogic.o -lSDL_mixer -lm -lSDL_mixer -L/usr/local/lib -Wl
,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -lSDL-1.1 -lc_r -lm -L/usr/local/lib -lesd -laudiofile -l
m -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXext -lXxf86vm -lXxf86dga -lvga -laa
gmake[1]: Выход из каталог `/tmp/mnt/bomberinstinct/work/BomberInstinct-0.8.7/sr
gmake[1]: Вход в каталог `/tmp/mnt/bomberinstinct/work/BomberInstinct-0.8.7'
gmake[1]: Цель `all-am' не требует выполнения команд.
gmake[1]: Выход из каталог `/tmp/mnt/bomberinstinct/work/BomberInstinct-0.8.7'
root@big_brother# ld --version
GNU ld 2.11.2 [FreeBSD]
Copyright 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
  Supported emulations:
root@big_brother# ldd /tmp/mnt/bomberinstinct/work/BomberInstinct-0.8.7/src/bi
        libSDL_mixer.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libSDL_mixer.so.2 (0x28074000)
        libm.so.2 => /usr/lib/libm.so.2 (0x280ab000)
        libSDL-1.1.so.3 => /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.1.so.3 (0x280c6000)
        libc_r.so.5 => /usr/lib/libc_r.so.5 (0x2810f000)
        libesd.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libesd.so.2 (0x2812d000)
        libaudiofile.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libaudiofile.so.0 (0x28135000)
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x28153000)
        libXext.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x281ef000)
        libvga.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libvga.so.1 (0x281fb000)
        libaa.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libaa.so.1 (0x28263000)
        libc.so.5 => /usr/lib/libc.so.5 (0x2827a000)
        crtn.o (0x0)
        libvorbisfile.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libvorbisfile.so.0 (0x28328000)
        libvorbis.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libvorbis.so.0 (0x2832d000)
        libsmpeg.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libsmpeg.so.1 (0x28342000)
        libXThrStub.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXThrStub.so.6 (0x283a1000)
        libncurses.so.5 => /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5 (0x283a3000)
        libogg.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libogg.so.1 (0x283e4000)

When I replaced /usr/libexec/elf/ld with one from the my 4-STABLE system and
recompiled application the problem disappeared.


To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message

Reply via email to