>Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:55:18 +0100
>From: David Malone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 08:38:13PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>> Am I the only one who sees this ?

>I suspect that this is my fault for not doing a buildworld after
>turning on WARNS stuff in inetd. I think the problem must be that
>-nostdinc must cause errors to be issued for files which wouldn't
>usually be.

>I'll back out the WARNS stuff and find out what's going on.

Well, for whatever it's worth, I didn't see the complaints that phk did,
and when I built today's -CURRENT, usr.sbin/inetd/Makefile was at rev.
1.23.  The compiles for inetd look pretty normal; log excerpts (courtesy
of "script") available upon request.  My recent CVSup history:

CVSup begin from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Wed Jul 11 03:47:00 PDT 2001
CVSup ended from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Wed Jul 11 03:51:10 PDT 2001
CVSup begin from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Fri Jul 13 03:47:00 PDT 2001
CVSup ended from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Fri Jul 13 03:52:18 PDT 2001
CVSup begin from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Mon Jul 16 03:47:00 PDT 2001
CVSup ended from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Mon Jul 16 03:55:01 PDT 2001
CVSup begin from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Tue Jul 17 03:47:00 PDT 2001
CVSup ended from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Tue Jul 17 03:52:46 PDT 2001

(I had been out of town most of last week, and my connectivity was
rather spotty.  And today's -CURRENT buildworld terminated via panic a
couple of times, but I was in an X environment at the time.  Running it
in single-user mode, no X, avoided the problem -- unfortunately.  The
problem may have existed earlier, but for the last several builds of
-CURRENT, I had been doing those in single-user mode, because I couldn't
use X (xdm) or sudo (libpam -- and my "sudo" executable is shared
between -CURRENT & -STABLE), and I didn't recall the root password, and
was too lazy to set it to something else (until I got annoyed enough
this morning -- after having re-built /usr/ports/x11-XFree86-4 under
-CURRENT).)

Cheers,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to