Looks as if there was an oversight associated with some of this, which
breaks the buildworld:

>>> stage 4: building everything..
===> usr.sbin/acpi
===> usr.sbin/acpi/acpiconf
cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpiconf/../../../sys
-I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include  -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpiconf/acpiconf.c
gzip -cn /usr/src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpiconf/acpiconf.8 > acpiconf.8.gz
/usr/src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpiconf/acpiconf.c: In function `main':
/usr/src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpiconf/acpiconf.c:120: `ACPI_STATE_S4BIOS' undeclared (first
use in this function)
/usr/src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpiconf/acpiconf.c:120: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
/usr/src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpiconf/acpiconf.c:120: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
dhcp-140[2]

The symbol in question (ACPI_STATE_S4BIOS) had been defined in rev.
1.1.1.8 of src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica/actypes.h (near line 351), but
is not in rev. 1.1.1.9.

I'm willing to assume that the combined attempt to use the symbol
without defining it is incorrect, but I don't have much clue as to
whether it's better to define the symbol or to remove the attempt
to use it.

Clues?

Thanks,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to