On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> From: Tom Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Userbase of -current
> Date: Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 07:19:25PM +0200
>
> > Add a data point for me using -current on my laptop in order to take
> > advantage of cardbus support (thanks Warner!).
>
> We really should have those Slashdot people run a poll or sth :P
> Count me too.  5 runs nicely on my aging Pentium box at home.
> It's still very nice to be able to check the documentation parts of
> the tree against the latest -CURRENT sources.

        Speaking about -current and laptops, I know Warner mentioned the
3COM 3CXFEM656C working in -current but what's the proper way to install
FreeBSD on a IBM ThinkPad 770Z with that NIC/Modem combo since the floppy
disks don't seem to show the card on a 6162001 snapshot from
current.FreeBSD.ORG.  I was thinking about making a CD of the snapshot but
is there a bootable ISO available?

Cheers,
Vince - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin