On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 09:46:00AM -0700, a little birdie told me
that Jordan Hubbard remarked
> From: Jim Bryant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Because of certain differences, it cannot be used wholesale as a
> > replacement for csh.
>
> Then please enumerate them so that they can be given due attention.
> This is exactly the sort of detailed feedback that was requested when
> we first raised the issue of switching over, and nobody could come up
> with any concrete differences that would cause harm, so the deed was
> done.

It blew beets all over the startup script for ROM 2.4 MUD's.
It's a crappy script (who the hell scripts in csh anyway?  furrfu), but
it took me a good half hour to figure out what caused it to suddenly stop
working.  I always mean to rewrite it in sh, but I ended up just copying
in a /bin/csh.realcsh and pointing it over.

So yes, there's a difference.  But, on the flip side, I think that the
fact that it's been this long without anybody screaming majorly (after
the initial shakedown, of course) kinda sums it up.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Systems Administrator      |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]