> I'm getting this with the recent ACPI code, should I worry about it?
>
> acpi_cpu0: <CPU> on acpi0
> acpi_cpu: CLK_VAL field overflows P_CNT register
> acpi_cpu: CLK_VAL field overlaps THT_EN bit

You shouldn't worry about it, no.  I need to get my hands on some more
details so that I can understand what's going on here though.  The problem
is that the bits specified to control the CPU clock run/pause ratio overlap
other bits in the register that are already defined (and spill outside the
register itself).  Either I have an arithmetic error, or your BIOS is
"broken" and we need to deal with it.

Until we're fixed, this just means that you can't throttle your CPU; it
shouldn't have any effect on system behaviour.