This commit breaks the build of amd:

> obrien      2001/09/05 09:54:21 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     usr.sbin/amd         Makefile.inc
>     usr.sbin/amd/include newvers.sh
>   Log:
>   Try to determine the OS version and architecture for what is being built
>   vs.  the building machine.
>
>   PR:         14040
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.8       +4 -1      src/usr.sbin/amd/Makefile.inc
>   1.4       +17 -10    src/usr.sbin/amd/include/newvers.sh

This is because of

+if [ -e ../../../sys/conf/newvers.sh ]; then

in newvers.sh

It happens to work if I build amd in /usr/src. If I have /usr/obj/...
the Makefile is executed in the object directory, so that the path is wrong.
The 'else' part of the above fails to generate the HOST_OS_VERSION, and
this makes the build to fail.

harti
--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private