On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 16:26:20 +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Finally decided to upgrade my current box to the post-ACPI/KSE and found
> that I'm having problem with resource allocation for floppy disk controller.
> I'm sure somebody already reported this some time ago, but the problems seems
> still here, so I would like to see it resolved.

> fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range (1 ports)

It seems that here is conflict with your device.hints, try to remove fdc
from the hints.

As I already write, it is very bad thing that ACPI is in conflicts with
default hints file correctly describing devices used. ACPI must ignore
duplicate devices from the hints.

The problem with floppy is harder, because floppy controller present in
ACPI but the floppy itself not present (on my motherboard at least), so
in current situation fdc0 must not be in hints, but fd0 must be, it makes
whole thing even more cryptic.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/