Yes -- there was a temporary switch from gnu awk to the one-true-awk,
which was backed out a few days later due to problems such as this.
Upgrading should fix the problem (note that you might need to build and
install the loader a second time, if your awk before buildworld is not gnu
awk).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]      NAI Labs, Safeport Network Services