John Baldwin wrote:

> On 27-Nov-01 Jim Bryant wrote:
>
>>VESA is broked.  Remove VESA from your config.  Been this way for months.
>>
>>It also will panic once in a VESA mode, such as my favorite and yours,
>>132x60, when switching from vty to vty.
>>

> Ouch, this is not good.  This means vm86 is likely broke.  Hmm, I wonder if the
> TSS is broken somehow?  Can you narrow this down to a particular commit?

I think I wrote on this sometime in June or July.  I went without internet access from
about late-Feb/early-March through
late-May/early-June.  Once I was able to cvsup again, the problem was there.  After
writing to the list on this, I was responded to
by the syscons maintainer [I forget his name, but I'll buy him a sake or Saporro to
apologize for my memory lapse someday] who said
that VESA is broken and should not be in my config.  Sure enough, removing VESA fixed
it.

The closest answer I can give is the time-frame from about Feburary through June.  My
schedule is quite full right now, but I could
do a little browsing through the attic as I can, and see what I can find related to
both vm86 and syscons, as long as there are
other eyes looking for it too.

jim
--
          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!