Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > Sourceforge is based on the premise that you can create an
> > Open Source project by declaring one, which is untrue.  If
> > you want my opnions in detail, check the -chat and -advocacy
> > archives.
>
> I am not sure how this could defeat the fact that you can get a necessary
> ftp/www/cvs/etc space easily.

It doesn't defeat that.

It only defeats the project living on after I am run over by
a bus, since the project will be unable to attract outside
participation if it is hosted at SourceForge.

You can't cookie-cutter Open Source projects, at least not the
way they are trying to do it.

As I said before, you need to read my objections in the
-current and -advocacy lists.

Realize that I have participated in the genesis of no less
than 5 open source projects, 4 of which are still going.

-- Terry