> After the last cvsup (changes from 29 of september) i've got dead
> dc (21143 based NIC).

You have to tell us _exactly_ what card you have. Find the manufacturer
and model info. Look on the box the card came in. Look at the card itself.
Show us the output from pciconf -l so we can see the PCI vendor/device ID
info. Yes, this information is important. Yes, I'm irritated that you
didn't provide it straight off. (But then nobody ever does. Guys? You
don't need me to ask you to provide this information. It's common sense.
It's staring you right in the face.)

> LEDs are dead, but card is successfully probed and
> attached, so i have device but can't use it. What should i send to help
> investigate this problem?

Knowing exactly what card this is will help. You can't debug this
problem: I'm going to have to figure out a way to test and debug this
myself, which is going to suck, as I no longer have an easy way to
do FreeBSD work now that Wind River has pulled the plug on the test
lab.

If you want to be really nice, you can arrange to have this machine
made accessible remotely (via an alternate network interface) and
let me tinker with it via ssh. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for
me to put together a test setup locally.

> Oct 11 11:57:37 ws-ilmar /boot/kernel.old/kernel: dc0: Ethernet address:
>00:80:ad:90:b4:38
> Oct 11 11:57:37 ws-ilmar /boot/kernel.old/kernel: miibus0: <MII bus> on dc0
> Oct 11 11:57:37 ws-ilmar /boot/kernel.old/kernel: dcphy0: <Intel 21143 NWAY media
>interface> on miibus0
> Oct 11 11:57:37 ws-ilmar /boot/kernel.old/kernel: dcphy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX,
>100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto

I strongly suspect that the recent changes to the miibus code by jlemon
have hosed the dcphy driver, which is very sensitive. (You don't want to
know how long it took me to get it working halfway decently.)

-Bill