On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 11:16:18AM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 11:15:34AM -0500, Bob Willcox wrote:
> > I am interested in what is the best way to get a test system running
> > current? I have tried both upgrading from 4.4-stable (ran into kernel
> > build problems)
>
> It would be nice to see the problems you experienced.  One is supose to
> be able to update from 4.4-stable to 5-CURRENT.  Do you still have the
> error output (and the exact sequence of commands that produced it)?

No, unfortunately the output is long gone (lost in the subsequent
attempt to install the 5.0-current snapshot). I'm planning on recreating
the snapshot install failure (or getting it right this time and having
the install work:-).

If I still can't install the snapshot, I will resort to installing
4.4 and trying the upgrade again. I do remember that it was in the
"make buildkernel" step that I had the problem (the make buildworld was
successful). A compile failed due to what looked like it was using the
wrong header files (from /usr/include/sys). If this should recur, I will
save the output.

Note that I may have used the old 4.4 kernel config file for this
though. Next time I plan on using the GENERIC config file.

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox               Putt's Law:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                Technology is dominated by two types of people: