* Bruce Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [011204 13:43] wrote:
> On 4 Dec 2001, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
>
> > Bruce Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > Please only commit working code.
> >
> > Tell that to the author of truss(1) (who also wrote procfs(5) in the
> > first place).
>
> It used to work.  Did it not work when it was first committed?  Anyway,
> there are many more developers now, so breaking the build or a utility
> wastes more peoples time.

I think what DES is aptly saying is that although it worked, the
way in which it "worked" has caused us a lot problems and it deserves
a good replacement.

Let me also state in the author's defense (Sean i think) that
it's much easier to rewrite something that has already been
written than to be the initial implementor and even though it
looks like it's in for a rewrite one must congratulate him on
a job that has lasted us so long.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                           http://www.morons.org/rants/gpl-harmful.php3