On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 01:52:49PM +0000, Brian Somers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > with rev 1.61 of in.c I4B directly hangs up after dialing out. At the
> > moment I run a current kernel as of yesterday with a netinet directory
> > as of today except for in.c (which is at rev 1.60 here) and everything
> > works fine.
>
> Hi,
>
> Can you give me more details about the failure - error messages, your
> configuration, what you're using (sppp?), that sort of stuff ?
>
> The change makes the kernel fail attempts to add POINTOPOINT
> interfaces with conflicting IPv4 destination addresses.
>
> Are you in a situation where you're expecting this to be possible ?
> If so, can you explain more about why it's required ?

ISTR that I4B uses some special magical destination address for some
purpose (0.0.0.0 or something).  Sorry, don't recall the details.
But I bet Alexander knows, as we already hit this once, with my
routing changes, some time ago...

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          Oracle Developer/DBA,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Sunbay Software AG,

http://www.FreeBSD.org  The Power To Serve
http://www.oracle.com   Enabling The Information Age