On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:45:31 +0300, Maxim Konovalov wrote:

> struct partinfo holds only two pointers, ccg is a pointer too.

I got confused with partinfo and disklabel, and didn't actually check
ccg. *blush*

> > Note that you don't need to (and shouldn't as per style(9)) initialize
> > tmppath to NULL.
>
> Do you mean:
>
> :     Be careful to not obfuscate the code by initializing variables
> :     in the declarations. Use this feature only thoughtfully. DO NOT
> :     use function calls in initializers.
>
> or something else?

Yes, that.

Bruce Evans will probably want tmppath initialized to NULL near the top
of the function's code, rather than in the declarations. :-)

> man 9 malloc:
>
> :     A type is defined using the malloc_type_t typedef via the
> :     MALLOC_DECLARE() and MALLOC_DEFINE() macros.
>
> Take a look at /usr/src/sys/sys/malloc.h.

That only tells me where it comes from, not when I'd want to use it. :-)

> What about this one:

It's probably worth giving Poul-Henning time to wake up. ;-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.