On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 08:20:39AM -0800, Peter Wemm wrote:
> That's easy to say when signing up somebody else to do the work.
>
> Seriously though, in spite of pretending otherwise, i386 *is* our reference
> platform, and the "other" platforms require people with the hardware and
> interest to keep it "alive".
> If there isn't enough critical mass to keep it going, then it is dead
> by definition.

This is my current feeling -- that Alpha 5-CURRENT no long has any
critical mass.  Thus it isn't worth the time or trouble.

My interests have moved over to sparc64 and x86-64 where I believe there
will be a much larger following.  It is shame after I've spent several
thousand $$ on Alpha hardware over the past three years.

--
-- David  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])