Just thought I'd bring your attention to the new "radix tree page cache"
in use by linux - I dont know what freebsd do at the moment, but it looks
like it will improve scalability (you guys might want to use the idea).
Anyway, heres the link: http://lwn.net/2002/0207/kernel.php3

--
It's not reality or how you perceive things
that's important, it's what you're taking for it.