Is there any way to impliment dl_open in our nsswitch for -current so
that samba's winbindd can work on FreeBSD?

----- Forwarded message from Richard Sharpe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:29:24 +1030
From: Richard Sharpe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "David W. Chapman Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: windbindd

David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:

>>>Well FreeBSD-STABLE (4.x) doesn't have nsswitch, but FreeBSD-current (5.x)
>>>does.  That may be part of the problem.
>>That was the first problem I encountered ... I suspect that, barring
>>some screwed up tests in configure, it will work. I guess I should
>>update my repository and check out FreeBSD-current and see.
>I would appreciate it if you could let me know what you find.  As the
>maintainer of the FreeBSD samba port I have received a few requests
>about this.
Hmmm, having had a brief look at what I think is FreeBSD-current, it
seems that the nsswitch implementation does not use dl_open to pick up
shared libs so that it can be extended ... :-(

This is a crucial piece of functionality for winbindd, it seems.

>,, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba
>in 24 Hours, Special Edition, Using Samba

----- End forwarded message -----

David W. Chapman Jr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   Raintree Network Services, Inc. <>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       FreeBSD Committer <>