On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 02:38:45AM -0500, Mike Barcroft wrote:
> > Doug Barton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > >
> > >   Ok, then let's call it "Undocumented legacy support." I agree that
> > > features we don't want to support anymore should generate warnings that
> > > encourage users to change. However, there is so little cost to support
> > > the old flags that there is no reason to ever discontinue that support.
> > > it's two lines of code. You can see them in the diff. The code is even
> > > properly documented to indicate it's purpose. It can't get any better
> > > than that.
> >
> > I don't have any objections to making this a supported legacy mode,
> > but I think deprecated features (things we *want* to go away) should
> > produce warnings.
>
> I'd prefer not to support N different ways of specifying colours, and
> want to hold onto making the deprecated version include warnings.

        I could understand your argument if there were A) many different
ways, or B) support for the one legacy method was complicated. But neither
of these are true. Including a warning for something that is easy to
support and costs us nothing is pointlessly pedantic. Do you have a
technical reason for your position?

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?