In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Mike Makonnen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 20:59, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > I've fixed a few of the low hanging fruit, but I don't know how to get
: > rid of warnings like:
: >
: > const char *foo = "blah";
: > char *baz = foo;
: >
: > when I know they are safe.
:
: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the correct declaration:
:
: const char foo[] = "blah";
: char baz[] = "foo";

You miss the point.  First, there's no "" around foo.  Second, what I
quoted was boiled down from a bunch of macros and such.  Third, the
real example would be

volatile int conspeed;
int *foo = &conspeed;

Where foo is only accessed before all other accesses to conspeed.

Warner