> > > So try adding
> > >   {0x10f0a34d, NULL}
> > > to sio_ids in /sys/dev/sio/sio_isa.c
> >
> > It works:
> >
> > sio0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on acpi0
> > sio0: type 16550A
> > sio1 port 0x280-0x287,0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on acpi0
> > sio1: type 16550A
>
> I have tried this patch for Sony VAIO PCG-Z505S
> And it works !
>
> Corresponding part of acpidump:
>
>             Device(FIR_) {
>                 Name(_HID, 0x10f0a34d)
>
> (exactly same number)
>
> sio0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on acpi0
> sio0: type 16550A
> sio1 port 0x140-0x147,0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on acpi0
> sio1: type 16550A
>
> May be it is time to commit this line ?

No.  This would mean that sio(4) will attach to any IrDa port and
preclude an IrDa-specific driver from doing so.

If any variation of this patch is committed, at the very least sio(4)
should return a lower preference than 0 for it's match.

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not