Hello David,

David O'Brien wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 03:49:42AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > I use the following quick fix for the corresponding core dump in man and zgrep.
> >
> > I'd like to see this committed and merged to the DP1 tree ASAP so my
> > packages stop dumping core and we can produce a DP1 snapshot that
> > includes linux compatibility.
>
> Just depend on gcc30 or gcc31 to build those ports.
> Below is my local patch for doing this.  You'd want to remove the
> hardcoding of USE_GCC?=3.1, and add back in 3.0 support (based on the 3.1
> bits).

You are not understanding the problem correctly.
The problem is in systems' zlib library, that is compiled with gcc2.9.5.
And the rpm port, which dumps core, is statically linked with the system's
zlib library.

Unless we fix the zlib in -current, we won't see any linux related ports
working in DP1.

Or are you suggesting that, we ship DP1 with gcc3.x as default compiler?
:-):-)