It is sad news, but I try to do my best to l10n NetBSD sort in vain, it is
tied to ASCII so closely so it is almost impossible to handle all possible
cases without imbedding AI code far bigger then whole sort.

So, I plan to remove all vestiges of NetBSD sort and ask to restore GNU
sort from the Attic. Reasons are:

1) GNU sort is working enough.
2) l10n functionality is badly needed in everydays sort usage and is far
more important than having identical sorts.

I suspect that plain ASCII users may not understand well 2) importance,
in that case just imagine that your ASCII sorting is disordered - that
non-ASCII user feels without l10n functionality.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/