On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 20:40:13 +1000, Tim J. Robbins wrote:

> It works. It assumes the string strxfrm() outputs is the same length as
> its input, which is always possible, and true on FreeBSD.

It seems you try follow the same path as me :-)
No, it not works since breaks so many other places.
Please run some tests before posting the first idea comes into mind.

I suggest following test first:
none,-r,-f,-n combination for all FreeBSD locales compared to GNU sort.

The next test is -R option in 0.255 range for all locales.

Before you end up building correct tables for ascii,Rascii,Ftable,RFtable,
I can inform you that correct tables for them breaks -n badly.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/