Bruce Evans wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Craig Boston wrote:
> > Since -current by default uses devfs, is there a standard way to make the
> > ownership/permissions of device nodes "sticky" so that they persist across
> > boots?
>
> No.
>
> Or should we just put the appropriate commands in rc.local ?
>
> The problem has been moved to putting them in devfs.

I'm pretty sure you can change it in the source code for the
device node itself.  Unfortunately, it's not handled with a
marker-and-data approach, which would let you modify it in
the object files, even for node instances that would not
normally be created at boot time (using an ELF librarian and
a linker set).

-- Terry