Julian Elischer wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, John Baldwin wrote:
>

> > On 25-Apr-2002 Julian Elischer wrote:
> >
> > kldload sysvipc.ko or compile the SYSV stuff into your kernel.
> > Perhaps the linux kld needs to have a module dependency on
> > the sysvipc modules?
>
> there is no sysvipc module but this is what I tried..
>
> jules# cd /boot/kernel
> jules# ls sy*
> sym.ko          syscall_gate.ko sysvmsg.ko      sysvsem.ko      sysvshm.ko
> jules# kldload sysvmsg
> jules# kldload sysvsem
> jules# kldload sysvshm
> jules# kldload linux
> link_elf: symbol semop undefined
> kldload: can't load linux: Exec format error
> jules#

Like John said, there needs to be a module dependency.  The dependency from
linux to sysvsem (for example) is used for two things.  1) to prevent
sysvsem being unloaded before linux, and 2) to add sysvsem to the symbol
search order for linux.  You cannot "see" symbols in other modules without
registering a dependency for this reason.

Cheers,
-Peter
--
Peter Wemm - [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]