> From: "Jose M. Alcaide" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:28:48 +0200
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: cc1 crashes with SIGBUS while building XFree86-Server-4.2.0_2
>
> I am getting this error while building XFree86-Server-4.2.0_2 on a
> recently updated -CURRENT (Mon Apr 29 10:55:43 GMT):
>
> [snip]
>
> cpp0: cc: output pipe has been closedInternal compiler error: program cc1 got
> fatal signal 10

I have seen cc1 die like this many many times, and have only ever seen 2
root causes for the death:

 1) bad ram
 2) you overclocked the cpu or bus just a bit too much

cc1 dying on a long complex source module when you've overclocked beyond
what your silicon can handle is so reliable a test that it's the first thing
I use when trying to find the true speed a new system will run at.

If you're not overclocking, then bad ram would make a good second suspect, I
had a failing DIMM a couple years ago first manifest as signal 10 and 11
errors in cc1.

-- Ian